Tuesday, February 21, 2012

translation

I am once again in a room full of people who speak something I do not comprehend exactly.  I try to Do Attention to the rises and falls in their voices, the peaks.  So it is not all gibbrish.  To catch hold of Something.  I hear a word I think I know.  Fet, they are talking about a party.

Mathilde pipes like a flying river of song, and chirps a laugh at the end of it.  Patrique chops eggplant in the bathroom, wearing a top hat and swearing.  Whatever he says gets knuckle punched by Tommas, who fires that punch from the other room.  It flies through the walls, wrestling with every sound in its way.  Martin chuckles or speaks, but his speach is new to me, it is not yet on my visible radar. 

When they are laughing, it is irresistable to me and I laugh with them.  I feel entirely one then, because I comprehend laughing.  It is the same in my language.  In the form I am also versed, though it is nice to hear people taking turns, seamlessly weaving a coat of time, of rhythm and words that repeat and rhyme.  Everyone has a River of Fire Tung, wagging out of their mouth.

Their words assault me gently.  French is a train, it is running over me.  French is an army of jet fighters, they are bombing my force field and occasionally, a word gets through.  Oujard hui, today, I know, at least, WHen.  What and Who and How are lost in the rockets flare, the bombs bursting, the busting of my old mind, the paving of a new road.

I am never discouraged.  I am OFten reminded that I OUght to be discouraged: I will never learn French.  It is too big, too much, there are too many other things to put my mind to.  I am trying hard and too slow to grasp it.  Yet I am never discouraged.  I shall slowly travel this letter littered road.  I progress every day.  I am often Encouraged.  I CAN COMMUNICATE!  I shall learn French.

Today I played guitar in a park with an Argentinian, a Senagal, a few Parisians and maybe some Spanish.  We spoke how we could with what words we shared, and it was bright and fine for me.  We made friends, sharing a song and a hand shake and teaching each other something.  The Senagal man, asking the Argentinian to translate from French or Spanish into English, for me: we are young. we have a long time to learn.

To Learn, Brothers!  That is the power of Natural Flight!  We can LEARN!  We can FLY!  We can LEARN!

No comments:

Post a Comment